Thursday, September 15, 2011

Post 1 J.Hernandez!!

My day starts at 4:59am. I prepare for work in the morning by listening to the radio. Usually at that time they only play songs. It leave my apartment at 5:08am. On the way to work I listen to my car radio. I listen to kidd kratic (spelling?) until they go to break at 5:15. Then I switch it to 101.9 JUST to hear their short segment "News you can't use". Which is usually news about something that happen no where near Texas and is irrelevant but interesting non-the-less. At 5:22 I put it back to kid kratic on 96.5. There are virtually no billboards on 1604? If there are then I have taken no note of them. There are however, gasoline stations. I think the said stations can be considered a form of mass media. The price of gasoline tells a lot and many people see it everyday. If gas has gone up then the price of a barrel of oil has gone up and the same is true for the opposite. If gas rises and stays at that amount for a long period of time then it is a sign of a good economic times.
I arrive at work promptly at 5:30. My job at target is 'receiving'. Basically day to day I check in venders and their product so it can be sold in the store. Throughout the day I talk to each vender and my co-workers. All this interaction among people is a form of mass media. While working I listen to pandora on my iPhone. During breaks I read up on current events on my abc news app. After work I once again listen to the radio.

No comments:

Post a Comment